Denim

Sunday, June 14, 2009

MANGWANANI SPA

Mel and I were given a voucher for the Mangwanani Spa at Sibaya on Friday night. On arrival we were given cheese and biscuits and old brown sherry. Then we were given a white gown and slippers for the evening. Every time the zulu drums rolled, we were ushered off to another section of the spa. We started with a foot massage (up to the knee actually). It started off really well - was soothing and relaxing, but as time passed, we both began to grimace and soon it was jolly painful! I wanted to take photos but the ladies doing the massage did not seem too impressed, so I packed away my camera. The shot below is of Mel in his white gown and slippers!! This is where we had the foot massage.
Mel took this photo really quickly - sorry it's a bit blurred!!

We were then served dinner after the foot 'battering' and then we went on to having a full body massage with hot stone therapy. OH MY WORD! I think my therapist decided that she was going to massage my large buns away!! Maybe she thought they were knots that needed to go!! I was actually writhing in pain before she realised she had better relax a bit. I am still bruised - two days later!! Mel loved it!! Would I go again - no - I don't think so. I thought it was supposed to be RELAXING! At the end of the full body massage, we were served a tot of Amarula - I needed something stronger than that!


































2 comments:

cleo said...

It sounds like it was a great evening. Sorry i had to laugh it about it all, the faces do expain it all.You and Mel look very stylish in the gowns and slippers.

Stroud said...

Aunt Jenny - I am crying I'm laughing so hard about your therapist trying to massage you away! What a neat night though and hope you've recovered! :)
Jan